Last year I decided to keep track of all books I read. I have a few notes for each book in a notebook but this post is not about rating of them. I only read non-fiction. I get a lot of grief for that. I struggle to get into fiction but I am frequently told I should explore outside of my comfort zone in order to help me relax more. The problem I have is I do relax when reading this style of book.
Regarding the selection of books some read to learn about a topic, fill a curiosity void or just check out someones writing style.
Below is a list of books I finished for the year. The order is strictly the order that they were completed because many times I have two or three going at the same time. Without going into specifics the ones that are bold are the ones I enjoyed the most.
- The Icarus Deception
- APE: Author, publisher, editor
- 37 Days to Launch
- The Small Army Strategy
- Living a laptop lifestyle
- Minimalism: Living a more meaningful life
- My Exile Lifestyle
- Conscious Capitalism
- So, You Want To Be An Apple Consultant… (A Minimal Guide)
- Start a Freedom Business: Colin Wright
- Confessions from an Entrepreneur: Ash Kumar
- Let GO: Pat Flynn
- Be Awesome at Online Business: Paul Jarvis
- Content Strategy for Mobile
- Escape the Chains of Debt: Seann Jackson
- Authority: Nathan Barry
- The Suitcase Entrepreneur: Natalie Sisson
- The Fortune Cookie Principle: Bernadette Jiwa
- Ctrl-Alt-Delete:Mitch Joel
- Growth Hacker Marketing: Ryan Holiday
- Design Crazy: Good Looks, Hot Tempers, and True Genius at Apple: Max Chafkin
- Remote: Office Not Required: Jason Fried , David Heinemeier Hansson
- Jony Ive: The Genius Behind Apple's Greatest Products,by Leander Kahney
- *Everything I Know by Paul Jarvis *
If you have read any of these I would love to know your thoughts. What was your favorite book of 2013?